Journey House Felix Mantilla Little League Fields @ Baran Park Enhancements Project Goal
Take a dilapidated urban baseball playing infrastructure and transform it into a beautiful neighborhood ANCHOR and CATALYST for continued development of URBAN YOUTH Scholar Athletes. $2.3 MM private investment (100% raised by Journey House) to install synthetic infield turf with natural grass outfields in 3 Little League and 1 High School Diamond, renovation of Tee Ball Diamond, security fencing, field lighting, dug-outs, and enhanced storm water management system.
Current Field Conditions
Journey House is Increasing and Enhancing Public Access
Safer for Urban Youth, Attracts More People, New Milwaukee County Destination
- All Journey House athletics are open to any youth throughout Milwaukee County.
- Registration Fee Scholarships available for financial hardship. No youth turned away. Least expensive Little League in Wisconsin to ensure accessibility to all urban youth interested in the game of baseball.
- Free admission to all Felix Mantilla Little League games.
- Public Access consistent with current usage of Baran Park Fields (via rental reservations).
- Open during all JH FMLL practices, games, and tournaments (anticipate 7 days a week for 44+ hours per week).
- Current FMLL Roster: 320+ urban youth and over 1,200 fans on Saturday Game Days (throughout the day/evening).
Priority Usage of Journey House Felix Mantilla Little League Fields
Model: JH Packers Football Stadium Daily Rental Rates, Terms, & Rules of Use Agreement 2017
- Journey House Felix Mantilla Little League Scholar Athletes
- Journey House Youth Scholar Athletes (all sports)
- Journey House Youth Participants
- Journey House Parents, Adult Participants, and Families
- Long-term, Multi-Year Rental Organizations and Community Partners
- Return Organizations/Community Partners Requesting the Same Dates/Times as Previous Year
- New Renters who are Community Partners, which is defined as groups and/or entities that have a contractual partnership or reciprocal relationship with Journey House, Inc. For a list of Journey House Community Partners, please visit: http://www.journeyhouse.org/who.html.
- New Renters/Groups/Organizations
Catalytic Economic Development Impact of an Activated Baran Park increases Quality of Life for Milwaukee County
- Beautifies the Neighborhood with World Class Fields that are safe for practice and game play.
- Increases public safety with active park and significant investment of resources via Journey House to provide high quality stewardship.
- Increases economic development, especially in adjacent Bay View Neighborhood (1 mile to Kinnickinnic Avenue); 2.5 miles to South Shore Beach; 3 miles from downtown’s new Bucks Arena, Northwestern Mutual Corporate & Apartment Towers, and other assets.
- Increases bike-able and walk-able community.
- Increased homeownership, business development, and attraction of greater investments by entrepreneurs and real estate developers.