These partners have already signed up for the fun! Don't miss out - sign up today!
B. Klein Foundation
FIRST ANNUAL JOURNEY HOUSE PUNT, PASS, KICK TOURNAMENT
Each team will consist of four players, one player must be a female. Each four-person team will be assigned a “Coach” aka a Journey House Staff Member or Volunteer. The Coach WILL NOT participate in the events. The Coach is responsible for making sure their team shows up, is on time, rotates to the correct stations, etc. Each team will sign in upon arrival and find their Coach who will have their teams score sheet. At their given “play” time, the teams will rotate through the following three stations: Punt, Pass, Kick. They will have 10 minutes at each station.
Teams will rotate play. Three teams will play every 30 minutes, with 10 minutes at each station.
Station 1: Punt (10 minutes)
1. One player punts from behind the 35-yard line and the other three members line up at the 20-yard line. The player punts the ball towards the goal line and the other three teammates attempt to down the ball before the goal line.
a. Stopped goal – 5 yards = 20 points
b. Stopped goal – 6-10 yards = 15 points
c. Stopped goal – 11-15 yards = 10 points
d. Stopped goal – 16-20 yards = 5 points
2. Each player gets one punt and then rotates until the team has completed the event.
3. Max score = 100
Station 2: Pass (10 minutes)
1. Each person will have a turn at being the quarterback. The quarterback will throw from the 50-yard line a total of 3 times (one time to each teammate aka receiver). The receivers will have to stand on the right and left hash marks and center of the field. These areas will be marked with cones. Each teammate will stand on the 35-yard line (15 yards) from the quarterback throwing the ball. The teammates attempting to catch the ball will not be able to move outside of the cones.
a. 7 points if the hash mark receiver catches the ball
b. 5 points if the center receiver catches the ball
i. No points awarded for bounced throws or catches outside of the cones
ii. Bonus 5 points if all three receivers catch the ball
2. Max score = 96
Station 3: Kick (10 minutes)
1. Each kicker will attempt 3 field goals. The kicker can choose where to kick from and points will be awarded based on distance. The kicker will kick the football from a tee and if the ball goes through the field goal you are awarded your points. After 3 kicks, you will rotate with a teammate until everyone has kicked 3 times.
2. Scoring: Score for each kick is based off of how far the field goal is
a. Ex. Goal is 0, 4-yard line is 4 points, 10-yard line is 10 points, etc.
b. Bonus 5 points if you make all three field goals
3. Max Score: Variable